BOSS ME-70 Guitar Multiple Effects Processor

BOSS ME-70 Guitar Multiple Effects Processor

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

When I first got my Helix I could not get a decent sound out of it to save my life, and of course I was shouting to the world that "I paid the GNP of a small country for this thing that's supposed to be amazing, why does it sound like ****?

I'm not going to dish out hundreds of dollars on a flanger when I might use it a handful of times - instead I just grab my ME-70. in a lot of situations it can sound pretty poor, but when you do find it's sweet spot, it sounds great. i can say that when it comes to the BOSS Me-70, be it the distortions or flangers, or the 'cosm' classic amp emulation.

We do soul/funk to middle of the road rock and some heavier rock as well and I get every sound I want.

If you don't want to spend a fortune to amass a diverse pedal collection or lug around a huge board, this is the answer. As this tone is an industry standard, heard on thousands of hit records, you may not find it to be a problem at all. When you turn the knob to change the value, it can either change immediately from it's current position regardless of the previously saved position, OR you can do it as in the ME-50 and many other devices like this. Toes can do these, the double tap bring up digital display hold these 2 at the same time on the GT-8 trapped me, the ME70 saved me. Also, the Boss unit’s presets are all extremely usable—rather than designed with as much gain, delay and effect as possible, to impress pre-teen bedroom guitarists.The ME70 was designed to go in front of a guitar amp which is the opposite of most multi fx/modeling boards out today. All topped off with a good reverb and sensitive eq dials in the preamp section means you can whip up a good sound in seconds. Yes, they definitely overlapped, but I'm pretty certain the ME-5 was the first - in fact the first proper floor multi-FX of any kind - and then they brought out the cheaper BE-5 to cover the lower end of the market as well. SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY.

The BOSS Worldwide Social Network keeps you connected to the latest products, exciting events, and much more. The ME-70 ups the ante on the ME-50 in a number of ways: adding a separate Preamp section, featuring Roland’s terrific sounding COSM amp modeling, four extra presets and one more footswitch—for a total of four. The friendly, knob-laden design makes tone creation a snap, but with a powerful COSM AMP section derived from the GT-10, the ME-70 takes the “EZ effects” concept to new heights. I feel like theres a ton of features in it and I'm still struggling to switch from clean to crunch and also finding it tough to find the tones I'm looking for. However, if you decide to plug into your favourite guitar amp and use the ME-70 purely for its effects, it's easy to turn off the preamp module.You can now modify the Modulation Rate or the Delay Level with the foot pedal, as well as the standard volume and wah functions. However,be aware that having anything plugged into the Recording/Phones jack will apply the amp simulation to both that jack AND the regular (direct to your own amp) jacks. In this setting, goosing the Level knob to full on added only a minimal amount of boost, unless I also increased the Drive knob—this does not add distortion, merely more level. It now has a Momentary setting for the delay effect which can be used in conjunction with a secondary delay provided in the Modulation section. I still continue to use it for practise and the odd recording and I have to say BOSS deserve a pat on the back for their continued reliability.

I dealt with a band who used these live into the effects loop ins of those 90s Marshall valvestate amps, effectively using them as warm-sounding solid state power amps to amplify their Boss units. My only problem are some of the drives can leave a digital trail when decaying but the 'Modern', 'Classic' and 'Boost' are my favourites as they sound quite natural. Today, it still stands its ground as one of the easiest-to-use multi-effect floor units, with familiar Boss controls and parameters and tons of classic amp models and Boss pedals built in. There's actually a useful bonus here; instead of simply switching off the preamp, you can set it to 'EQ', which gives you a four-band equaliser instead of having the amp models.I’m pretty sure it’s slightly later than the ME-5 though - which also incorporates analogue pedal circuits, just with digital control. In manual mode these foot switches turn individual effects on and off, like four separate stomp boxes, one each for Compression/FX, Overdrive/ Distortion, Modulation, and Delay. One of the fun things about this unit is all the knobs for tweaking the settings, however this is still a digital device. I have since sold all my individual pedals , as when I gig, it is on smaller stages when my stupidly larger 15 pedal rig, took up to much space. This way you can have two different delay times, that can be engaged one at a time or together, instantly available at the touch of a toe.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop